Lead Technician-Southwest Division
NextGen Security, LLC
Security and Surveillance
Years of Experience
5+ years of installation experience in security industry
About the Job
Security Systems Technician
Recently named the fastest growing integrator in North America by SD&I, NextGen Security is an electronic security systems integrator that offers commercial and industrial companies best in class industry knowledge, engineering design, implementation, management and on-going maintenance services. Our company accomplishes this by hiring only the most experienced and best-qualified talent the security industry has to offer. Management team and staff members have 10-25 years of commercial and industrial security industry expertise with single site, multi-facility, plant-wide, campus-wide, regional, national and international security projects.
We are seeking an experienced electronic security service technician to join our fast growing and dynamic team. This position will have multiple roles ranging from: project oversight in the field, system programming, project activation and commissioning, installation of field devices, and most importantly, servicing of high-end integrated security devices. Some travel may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with installing and maintaining:
- Enterprise-level access control systems.
- Intrusion detection systems (IDS), both fiber and copper based.
- Enterprise-level video management systems (IP-based).
- Networking and IT knowledge.
- Superior problem solving and communication skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarization with local electronic security codes and industry standards.
- Understanding and ability to work safely in a chemical plant environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project and other Microsoft products.
- Access Control System Vendor Certifications in Software House, Genetec, ProWatch and/or Lenel.
- Video Management System Vendor Certifications in Genetec, OnSSI, MaxPro, and/or Milestone.
- Intrusion Detection System Vendor Certifications in Senstar/Optellios, and/or FFT.
- Experience in computer operating systems, network design and implementation.
- TWIC Cardholder.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based upon background and experience.
- Company vehicle.
- Full benefits package.
- Cellphone Allowance.
- To apply for the position, please click here.
This is an equal opportunity employer and drug- free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens and background checks will be conducted. Employees are subject to appropriate routine drug screens, based on job classification.