NextGen Security LLC
Security and Surveillance
Years of Experience
4 years of experience in the security industry
About the Job
Recently named the fastest growing integrator in North America by SD&I, NextGen Security is an electronic security systems integrator that offers commercial and industrial companies best in class industry knowledge, engineering design, implementation, management and on-going maintenance services. Our company accomplishes this by hiring only the most experienced and best-qualified talent the security industry has to offer. Management team and staff members have 10-25 years of commercial and industrial security industry expertise with single site, multi-facility, plant-wide, campus-wide, regional, national and international security projects.
We are in search of an application designer with 4 years of experience within the security industry to join our fast growing and dynamic team. This position will have responsibility for designing fully integrated security solutions which will encompass detailed parts lists, labor estimates, writing detailed scopes, generating system overview drawings and acquiring bid pricing from various subcontractor trades; this will involve site visits with Sales and sub-contractors to generate documentation as well as assisting sales in the end user proposal presentations as needed.
This position will also provide software support for large integrated complex system deployments which may involve travel to the sites for the initial load and startup phases as well as being involved from a high level perspective in oversight of the Operations department planning and standards for these systems and assisting on complex issues that may arise on customers sites.
This position will also encompass running end user training as well as train the trainer sessions either via remote conferencing or in person at the customer’s sites.
This role is a key position in the Sales, Engineering and Operations processes and has a direct impact on projects beings able to be sold correctly, installed on budget and not only meeting our customers’ expectations but also maintaining our high level of customer satisfaction.
Some local travel may be required.
Specific duties to include:
- Network and IT knowledge
- Ability to provide end user training and train the trainer classes.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project and other Microsoft products
- Assess site to develop requirements and define challenges.
- Develop project design and material list.
- Assist in the creation of project scope of work.
- Support multiple project and client deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure completion of all assigned projects.
- Create design parameters to include wiring diagrams, site equipment layouts, mounting details and computer and network specifications.
- Assist in presenting design to customers and/or decision makers.
- Work with Design and Operation’s team for implementation of a project.
- Be a resource to service and technical personnel as needed.
- Evaluate new industry products and re-evaluate current supported products.
- Keep current with training and certifications.
- 4 years or more of experience in the security industry.
- Access Control Certifications in Genetec, Software House, ProWatch, and/or Lenel OnGuard preferred.
- Video Management Certifications in OnSSI, Milestone, and/or Genetec preferred.
- Experience in network design and implementation standards
Compensation and Benefits
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in both written and verbal manner to customers and to those within the company.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be willing to interact with customer, co-workers and other personnel at all times.
- Commitment to integrity and to the Company Standards and Procedures.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Compensation based upon background and experience.
- Full benefits package.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an equal opportunity employer and drug- free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens and background checks will be conducted. Employees are subject to appropriate routine drug screens, based on job classification.