NextGen Security LLC
Security and Surveillance
Full Time Employee
Years of Experience
4 years of experience in the security industry
What we’re looking for:
We are in search of a system designer with 4 years of experience within the security industry to join our fast growing and dynamic team.
What you’ll be doing:
This position will have responsibility for designing fully integrated security solutions which will encompass detailed parts lists, labor estimates, writing detailed scopes, generating system overview drawings and acquiring bid pricing from various subcontractor trades; this will involve site visits with Sales and sub-contractors to generate documentation as well as assisting sales in the end user proposal presentations as needed.
This role is a key position in the Sales, Engineering and Operations processes and has a direct impact on projects being able to be sold correctly, installed on budget and not only meeting our customers’ expectations but also maintaining our high level of customer satisfaction. Some local travel may be required.
What you bring to the table:
- 4 years or more of experience in the security industry.
- Network and IT knowledge
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project and other Microsoft products
- Ability to assess sites to develop requirements and define challenges.
- Develop project design and material list.
- Assist in the creation of project scope of work.
- Support multiple project and client deadlines and deliverables.
- Create design parameters to include wiring diagrams, site equipment layouts, mounting details and computer and network specifications.
- Assist in presenting design to customers and/or decision makers.
- Work with design and operations team for implementation of a project.
- Evaluate new industry products and re-evaluate current supported products.
- Keep current with training and certifications.
- Access Control Certifications in Genetec, Software House, ProWatch, and/or Lenel OnGuard preferred.
- Video Management Certifications in OnSSI, Milestone, and/or Genetec preferred.
- Experience in network design and implementation standards
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in both written and verbal manner to customers and to those within the company.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be willing to interact with customer, co-workers and other personnel at all times.
- Commitment to integrity and to the Company Standards and Procedures.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
What we bring to the table:
- Compensation based upon background and experience.
- Full benefits package.
- Cell phone allowance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and drug- free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens and background checks will be conducted. Employees are subject to appropriate routine drug screens, based on job classification.
Please submit your resume, references and your requested salary range when applying for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Us
NextGen Security is an electronic security systems integrator that offers commercial and industrial companies best in class industry knowledge, engineering design, implementation, management and on-going maintenance services. Our company accomplishes this by hiring only the most experienced and best-qualified talent the security industry has to offer. Management team and staff members have 10-25 years of commercial and industrial security industry expertise with single site, multi-facility, plant-wide, campus-wide, regional, national and international security projects. If that wasn’t convincing enough, check out what our employees say about working at NextGen: https://vimeo.com/255625164
Notice To Employment / Recruitment Agents
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from NextGen Security’s HR department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through openings available via NextGen Security’s website. NextGen Security will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a contract communication in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and NextGen Security, and only if the candidate is submitted via approval from NextGen Security’s HR department. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a full approval from NextGen Security’s HR department shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.